Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"You can't high jump over a low bar."

This image embodies my belief that "You can't high jump over a low bar".  We set our own expectations and deal with limitations every day in life that could keep us from achieving our goals.  I love this picture because as a para-olympic athlete this athlete could clearly have excuses as to why he could not and should not clear the bar...however, here he is doing something others may think is impossible.  As I embark on my own journey it would be easy to use excuses as to why I cannot achieve my own goals and dreams.  Setting the bar high may give you a sense of setting yourself up for failure.  I believe that setting the bar low is even worse because you limit yourself on what you may be able to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment