Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Master Workout Plan

Feeling like I am in pretty good shape.  I have been doing parts and pieces of some workouts and now I am going to focus on doing a lower body workout every other day.  I am going to mix some of the P90X videos with weightroom and court work.  The plan is to do the following....

Day 1 - Lower Body Weight Training (high weights, low reps, maximize explosion)
Day 2 - Kempo X and Ab Ripper X (core & aerobic strength)
Day 3 - Plyometrics X (possibly the hardest of the P90X workouts)
Day 4 - Basketball drills and Ab Ripper X (get in some court time)
Day 5 - Legs and Back X (another round of strength leg drills)
Day 6 - Stretch X and Ab Ripper X (bit of a recovery day)
Day 7 - Hill Run (I just can't give up the running and I hope the hills pay off)

So this is the optimistic plan.  Obviously it requires 7 days of work and I know already that some weeks will get blown up.  However, I am motivated to work on the legs and want to stick to the every other day plan and see if I can start to get some more results.

The other thing I am excited about is using my strength training shoes.  The gift from the EVHS staff was amazing.  I did return them to get a smaller size, but once they come in I want to start using them to see if they pay off with the training of the right muscle groups.

If anyone has any suggestions for what else I can do let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment